Given the high density and close living environment in prisons, Singapore Prison Service (SPS) implemented precautionary measures (in addition to prevailing Safe Management Measures) to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmissions among inmates, staff and personnel working in prisons.
- All newly admitted inmates will undergo cohort segregation and are tested for COVID-19. They will be allowed to join the general inmate population after clearing the cohort segregation period.
- All inmates are issued with reusable masks and are required to wear their masks when out of their cells.
- COVID-19 vaccination is available to all medically eligible inmates.
- Inmates who are unwell are referred for medical attention.
- Inmates who test positive for COVID-19 will be isolated from the general inmate population. They will be provided the necessary medical care for recovery.
- Staff will don the necessary Personal Protective Equipment when handling any COVID-19 related cases.