Singapore Prison Service (SPS), a uniformed organisation instituted in 1946, is one of the 11 Agencies under the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
Together, we form the Home Team. SPS contributes to MHA’s Vision of being ‘A Trusted Home Team, A Safe and Secure Singapore’ through the secure custody and rehabilitation of offenders.
SPS staff, who are known as Captains of Lives (COLs), are highly engaged and work in an organisation recognised as one of Singapore’s Best Employers. SPS’s tagline: ‘Rehab, Renew, Restart’ emphasises our commitment to rehabilitate offenders who desire to change, renew and restart their lives for the better, with the support of the community.
SPS currently administers 13 institutions, Selarang Park Community Supervision Centre (SPCSC) and Community Rehabilitation Centre (CRC). They make up SPS’s line units and are grouped under five Commands:
- Cluster A
- Cluster B
- Cluster C
- Community Corrections Command
- Operations & Security Command
At the staff level, SPS has 11 Divisions:
- Corporate Communications & Service Division
- Intelligence Division
- Investigation Division
- Logistics & Finance Division
- Operations Division
- Psychological & Correctional Rehabilitation Division
- Rehabilitation & Reintegration Division
- Risk Management & Assurance Division
- Staff Development Division
- Strategic Planning Division
- Transformation & Technology Division