Compassionate leave allows an inmate to:
- Visit a family member* who is dangerously ill either at home or in the hospital or at any other place in Singapore
- Pay last respects to a deceased family member
*Family member is defined as a family line of descent which includes great-grandparents and grandparents (both paternal and maternal), parents, siblings (including step-siblings), spouse, children (including step-children), grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Family members who wish to apply for compassionate leave may do so electronically via this form:
Alternatively, family members may proceed to Prison Link Centre Changi during operating hours or the Changi Complex Main Entrance (located next to Prison Link Centre Changi) during non-operating hours with the following documents:
- Original NRIC of the applicant;
- Original documents proving the relationship between the inmate and the family member who is certified to be dangerously ill or has passed away; and
- Original copy of the medical memo or Death Certificate
For applications being made in-person at the Prison Link Centre Changi, please approach the counter staff to fill up an application form.
Applications for compassionate leave are subject to approval.