Under the HUS (Home Affairs Uniform Services) unified scheme, you can look forward to seamless and faster career progression up the ranks even without a degree, based on performance and potential.
After graduating from the Prison Officer course (Sergeant), you will be deployed as a Correctional Unit Officer (CUO) in one of the prison institutions. As a CUO, you will be part of a like-minded and highly skilled team that ensures the safe and secure custody of inmates. You will also facilitate the rehabilitation and reintegration of inmates and ex-offenders. Through purposeful interactions, you will motivate and guide offenders towards a life without reoffending.
Under SPS structured career development framework, you may be deployed to other frontline operational work. Depending on suitability, you may also be posted to other functional areas such as Operations, Community Corrections, Intelligence, Investigation, Rehabilitation Services and Management, Technology, Training, Corporate Services, External Operations, Prison Emergency Action Response etc. Regular job rotation will provide you with the exposure and developmental opportunities to grow as a leader in corrections.
SPS supports the professional and personal growth of our Captains of Lives through various upgrading and developmental schemes.
- MHA Degree Scholarship for full time Degree studies*
- MHA Sponsorship/MHA Study Award for part-time studies*
- Professional Development Leave (up to 10 weeks paid leave) *
- Learning & Development Subsidy Scheme ($700 per annum)
- Enhanced Learning & Development Subsidy Scheme ($10,000 in the last five years prior to retirement)
* All permanent and confirmed officers are eligible to apply, subject to the criteria and approval.