Adjust Font SizeAAA

Other Visit Matters


Signing of Documents

For the signing of any documents by inmates, visitors can inform the officers during visit registration.

When documents are submitted during face to face visit session, the request will be processed during the visit session and the documents will be returned on the *same day.

When documents are submitted during televisit sessions or non-visit day, there will be a processing time of minimal 5 working days.

Letter of Incarceration

Visitors can submit their request for a Letter of Incarceration during their visit registration. They must state the purpose for the request and it will be subject to the inmate’s consent.

Compassionate Leave Application

Compassionate leave allows an inmate to:

  • Visit a family member who is seriously ill either at home or in hospital or at any other place in Singapore
  • Pay last respect to a deceased family member

Family member shall be confined to family line of descent which means great-grandparents and grandparents (both paternal and maternal), parents, siblings (including step-siblings), spouse, children (including step children), grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Family members who wish to apply for the compassionate leave may do so electronically via or proceed to Prison Link Centre Changi during our operating hours or Changi Complex Main Entrance (located next to Prison Link Centre Changi) during non-operating hours with the following documents:

  1. Original NRIC of the applicant;
  2. Original documents proving the relationship between the inmate and the family member who certified to be dangerously ill or who has passed away; and
  3. Original copy of the medical memo or death certificate

Please approach the counter staff to fill up an application form.

The application for compassionate leave is subject to approval.


Loss of Documentary Proof

Birth certificate
Visitors can apply for a certified birth extract on behalf of the inmate online via ICA website

Marriage Certificate
Visitors can apply for an extract copy of marriage certificate (duplicate certificate) from the Registry of Marriages (ROM) or Registry of Muslim Marriages (ROMM) via the following mode:

  1. Online application:;
  2. Online application:;
  3. Self-help kiosks located at ROM and ROMM

Proof for relationship for Foreigners

For foreign visitors who are unable to produce original documentary proof of their relationship with the inmate, can approach their Embassies or High Commission to seek assistance.