Signing of Documents
For the signing of any documents by inmates, visitors must inform the officers on duty during visit registration.
For documents submitted during face-to-face visit sessions, the request will be processed during the visit session and the documents will be returned on the *same day.
When documents are submitted during tele-visit sessions or non-visit days, there will be a processing time of minimally five working days.
Letter of Incarceration
Visitors can submit their request for a Letter of Incarceration during their visit registration. They must state the purpose for the request, and it will be subjected to the inmate’s consent.
Compassionate Leave Application
Compassionate leave allows an inmate to:
- Visit a family member who is seriously ill either at home or in the hospital or at any other place in Singapore
- Pay last respect to a deceased family member
The definition of ’family member’ shall be confined to a family line of descent which includes great-grandparents and grandparents (both paternal and maternal), parents, siblings (including step-siblings), spouse, children (including step children), grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Family members who wish to apply for the compassionate leave may do so electronically via go.gov.sg/spscompleave or proceed to Prison Link Centre Changi during our operating hours with the following documents:
- Original NRIC of the applicant;
- Original documents proving the relationship between the inmate and the family member who is certified to be dangerously ill or who has passed away; and
- Original copy of the medical memo or death certificate
For applications being made in person at the Prison Link Centre Changi, please approach the counter staff to fill up an application form.
For applications during Prison Link Centre Changi non-operating hours, please proceed to the Changi Complex Main Entrance (located next to Prison Link Centre Changi).
The application for compassionate leave is subject to approval.
Loss of Documentary Proof
Visitors can apply for a certified birth extract on behalf of the inmate online via ICA website www.ica.gov.sg/citizen/birth/citizen_birth_extract
Visitors can apply for an extract copy of marriage certificate (duplicate certificate) from the Registry of Marriages (ROM) or Registry of Muslim Marriages (ROMM) via the following modes:
- Online application: www.rom.gov.sg/extract/rom_extract_start.asp;
- Online application: www.romm.gov.sg/extract/romm_extract_instruction.asp;
- Self-help kiosks located at ROM and ROMM
Proof for relationship for Foreigners
Foreign visitors who are unable to produce original documentary proof of their relationship with the inmate can approach their respective Embassies or High Commissions to seek assistance.