Compassionate leave allows an inmate to:
- Visit a family member who is seriously ill either at home or in the hospital or at any other place in Singapore
- Pay last respect to a deceased family member
The definition of ’family member’ shall be confined to a family line of descent which includes great-grandparents and grandparents (both paternal and maternal), parents, siblings (including step-siblings), spouse, children (including step children), grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Family members who wish to apply for the compassionate leave may do so electronically via (Login with SingPass) or (without SingPass).
Alternatively, family members may proceed to Prison Link Centre Changi during our operating hours with the following documents:
- Original NRIC of the applicant;
- Original documents proving the relationship between the inmate and the family member who is certified to be dangerously ill or who has passed away; and
- Original copy of the medical memo or death certificate
For applications being made in person at the Prison Link Centre Changi, please approach the counter staff to fill up an application form.
For applications during Prison Link Centre Changi non-operating hours, please proceed to the Changi Complex Main Entrance (located next to Prison Link Centre Changi).
The application for compassionate leave is subject to approval.