The Singapore Government Scholarship (SGS) provides highly qualified individuals opportunities to pursue undergraduate studies in top overseas or local universities. Upon graduation, you will embark on an exciting and rewarding career as a Prison
Officer to transform lives and influence communities towards a society without re-offending. With a SGS, you will be given opportunities to take on leadership positions in the Singapore Prison Service and shape the future of corrections. Mid-term
scholarship is available.
VALUE OF AWARD
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who intends to take up Singapore Citizenship
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential
- Possess strong interest in safeguarding the safety and security of Singapore
- Have good academic and Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) records
- Have a GCE A-Levels, International Baccalaureate, Polytechnic, NUS High School, or other high school diploma/certificate. [Current Undergraduate students (not in final year of studies) with good academic results may also apply.
Check out more details on a mid-term scholarship.]
- Perform well in National Service (for male applicants)
- Tuition fees and other approved charges
- Monthly overseas or local maintenance allowance (including accommodation)
- Pre-studies allowance e.g. settling in, warm clothing, computer
- Return economy class airfare (if studying overseas)
- Sponsorship of Master’s and exchange programmes (if requirements are met)
COUNTRIES AND COURSES OF STUDY
Most countries and disciplines (except medicine, dentistry and architecture).
* Applicants intending to pursue a degree in Law will not be called to the Bar while serving in the SPS.
CONDITION OF AWARD
Scholarship holders need to fulfil a bond of:
- 4 years (for local studies)
- 5 years (for studies in non-English speaking countries)
- 6 years (for studies in English speaking countries)
The bond period starts on the day they assume official duty after completing their studies.
YOUR LEADERSHIP JOURNEY
You will be exposed to various areas of work through regular postings to develop staff and command competencies.
You will also have the opportunity to be placed on the Public Service Leadership Programme (PSLP) where you will acquire
specialist knowledge and capabilities to take on key leadership positions in SPS.
Click here to Apply
Note: To apply for a SPS scholarship, please indicate 'Uniformed Services – SPS’ as your 1st choice on the PSC application.